Gilgooma is open to bookings for hunting trips, with conditions.
Located between Coonamble and Pilliga in North West NSW, with a total potential hunting area of 11,500 acres, possible game include pigs, foxes, cats, rabbits and hares.
There are three different accommodation and property access options
(minimum booking $500 inc GST):
One queen, two double and two single beds will be made up for you at the Gilgooma cabins and Big Bertha caravan. For larger groups, BYO caravans, camper trailers, tents or swags. Three bathrooms each with toilet and hot shower are there just for you. Your group will have exclusive access to hunt across three separate farming and gazing properties with a combined area of 11,500 acres.
$200 (inc GST) per night, per person
The ‘donga’ has four single bedrooms, each with an ensuite bathroom. There is a basic kitchen. No linen provided. Self-supplied additional accommodation (caravans, camper trailers, tents, swags) is welcome to accommodate more people. Your group will have exclusive access to hunt across two separate farming and gazing properties with a combined area of 8,500 acres.
$150 (inc GST) per night, per person
You will be self-sufficient and leave no trace. You are welcome to bring your own accommodation in the form of caravans, camper trailers, tents or swags and you will be provided with several location options to create your own unplugged, off-grid space.
Your group will have exclusive access to hunt across two separate farming and gazing properties with a combined area of 8,500 acres.
$100 (inc GST) per night, per person
Hunting booking process
- Read and understand the terms and conditions (below).
- Contact us directly to discuss available dates, accommodation options and any questions not covered by the terms and conditions.
- We'll send each person if your group a registration form (hard copy or online - just let us know your preference), which will need to be returned with all required information.
- Once all required information is recieved, an invoice for the deposit will be sent.
- Confirmation of booking following payment of deposit.
- Balance of booking fee to be paid 30 days prior to arrival.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Guests must make an application including provision of all requested information and documentation for a hunting booking.
- On approval of an application, a tax invoice for a $500 deposit will be issued and must be paid in full to confirm the booking.
- The $500 deposit is non-refundable but may be transferred to another date at the Owner’s discretion.
- A tax invoice will be issued for the balance of the booking fee which must be paid 30 days prior to the booking date.
5. Gilgooma reserves the right to postpone or cancel bookings at any time and decline a booking without providing a reason.
Shooters / Hunters
6. Each person in the group must provide required documentation.
7. Every hunter (person who is there to hunt) must be a current member of the Sporting Shooters' Association of Australia (SSAA), the Shooters Union or an approved hunting organisation (AHO) and provide evidence of membership. Such membership must benefit from a current public liability insurance policy with a minimum of $20 million cover.
8. Children and non-hunters are permitted as part of a hunting group but are never permitted to handle a weapon under any circumstances. Hunting rate and Terms & Conditions apply to children and non-hunters as part of a hunting group.
9. Non-shooters must provide a copy of a valid driver’s license, passport, or government-approved photo ID.
10. Dogs are only permitted for members of the Australian Pig Doggers and Hunters Association (APDHA) or an approved dog hunting club. Evidence of membership is required.
11. Dogs must be controlled at all times, use of tracking equipment is mandatory and dogs are not permitted in the accommodation.
12. Guests will be held personally liable for the full cost of repairs or loss of income if any person in the group causes damage to the property or belongings of the property owner.
13. Guests will be provided with directions and paddock maps and must not leave paddocks of the properties for which they have permission to hunt. Property boundary limits are to be strictly adhered to and neighbouring properties are not to be accessed.
14. All gates must be left as found.
15. Guests must never:
a) touch or move any equipment, machinery or livestock.
b) discharge a firearm in the vicinity of or towards stock, houses and other buildings.
c) drive through, into or over a planted crop or cultivated land.
d) light fires without express permission or leave a fire unattended.
e) discard animal remains in, or near, waterways or near houses or accommodation.
f) Guests are required to inform management immediately of any accidental damage, issues or challenges.
16. All rubbish must be collected and removed by those camping and placed in appropriate areas as indicated by signage by those staying in accommodation.
17. Guests operate any vehicle (cars, utes, 4WD, motorbikes, buggies, 4-wheelers, side-by-sides and anything else with wheels) on the property at their own risk and must meet all legislative and safety requirements.
18. Vehicle access may be restricted to campsites only if excessive rainfall has occurred. Owner’s discretion applies in the interests of safety and the preservation of property road infrastructure.
19. All cartridges must be collected and disposed of.
20. There will never be more than one hunting booking at any one time.
21. Gilgooma is a working farm and feral pests impact operation. Owners may hunt, trap or bait pests prior to and during a hunting booking. These activities will be clearly communicated with guests.
22. Management is available prior to and during bookings to provide information about seasonal conditions and observed game. A limited number of bookings are accepted to ensure that each hunting experience is genuine.
23. Gilgooma cannot guarantee the availability of game or be held responsible for prevailing weather conditions. Should weather conditions require Gilgooma to cancel a booking, guests will be offered a new booking at the first available date.
All guests staying for a hunting experience are required to respect the general accommodation terms and conditions and follow the general rules of Gilgooma:
- Management reserves the right to amend or alter prices (other than for confirmed bookings), sites and these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
- Full payment is required to secure a booking. Payment is fully refunded if the booking is cancelled prior to 7 days of arrival and is non-refundable if the booking is cancelled within 7 days of arrival.
- You must be at least 18 years of age with a valid form of ID and payment method to stay with us if you are not accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All guests must abide by all rules, guidelines, signage and reasonable requests from Gilgooma staff at all times.
- Gilgooma will not be held responsible for, or liable to compensate loss, theft, or damage to personal property on, or brought into the accommodation/site or in the immediate vicinity of the accommodation/site.
- Rates are based on two persons. Additional charges apply for bookings of three persons or more (except children under 12 years).
- The number of guests on the sites or in the accommodation at any one time shall not exceed the number of guests declared on the booking information, otherwise additional fees will be incurred.
- Only one vehicle is permitted per site. If additional vehicles are required, prior approval must be requested, and if approved an additional cost will be charged.
- You have no ownership rights over the reserved cabin or site to resell to a third party. Subletting is not permitted.
- No refunds are given for unused portions of a booking, including no-shows and early departures or cancellations.
- The person whose name is on the booking reservation is responsible for the orderly conduct of all members of their booking and their guests.
- In the event on an emergency guests and residents are required to follow the directives of management and emergency services.
- Children must be adequately supervised by an adult at all times.
- Guests are welcome to use the designated fire pits (where available). Private campsite fires may be permitted depending on seasonal conditions and approval must be sought.
- Guests must comply with any fire restrictions imposed by the management or the local fire authority.
- Firewood can be purchased at the time of booking or guests can bring their own. Firewood must not be collected from the property.
- Animals must be restrained and attended at all times. Guests must pick up after their animals.
- Gilgooma reserves the right to refuse or decline your booking at any time without reason. We reserve the right to refuse entry into the park for any reason we so determine in our discretion.
- Strictly no hunting without prior approval. Separate Terms & Conditions apply.
- Management reserves the right to terminate the occupancy of guests deemed to be behaving in a socially unacceptable way, causing damage, disturbing other guests or otherwise breaching the above-mentioned terms and conditions (subject to change without notice). No refunds will be given, and charges will apply for any damage caused.